Welcome to Yerba Loca!!!

This site is dedicated to logging my experiences with Ilex Paraguensis, or Yerba Mate.

Monday, December 19, 2011

My Work Collection

These are photos of my work collection. DISCLAIMER: I am by no means an expert on this subject, I only claim to be a gringo hobbyist who is passionate about Yerba Mate. I just find it fascinating & thus the need to blog about it.

The Gourd: These are natural gourds that have been painted & decorated. I generally cycle through them daily while at my desk so each gourd has enough time to properly dry before it's next use. Except the largest one as it holds way to much Yerba, even for me! I have used it with friends though. It is the "party gourd" i suppose... :)

The Bombillas (straws): I tend to favor the bombillas that are made from the better materials like stainless steel, or even the alpaca blend whereas some of the cheaper metals tarnish easily and are probably not good to put in your mouth. I have a bamboo one which is fascinating because it was likely the material that was first used by Guarani Indians from a gourd, being all natural materials. It has cracked on me though so i just keep it around as a part of my collection.

The Guampas (horns): These i use for tereré, which is served ice child & is very refreshing while outside or exercising during hot weather.






No comments:

Post a Comment